Have you ever thought how the world will look in a decade’s time? One example is the use of internet. People in the 1990’s have claimed that the internet will only be used by researchers. But now, it’s a part of our daily life. Science fiction is our best help when thinking about long term future, but we can predict the near future by looking at the advances in science currently being made and how they will affect our lives.
So let’s list down some weird jobs that may exist in the next decade that we don’t have today.
- Robot trainer – today robotics is not as advanced as we thought it would be. But in the last few years, robotics has advanced by a lot. Most of the robots in the future will have learning algorithms which will help them learn in a way similar to ours. To train them, we will have a new breed of trainers and programmers who will create customized robots that fit your lifestyle and personality.
- Privacy Manager – with the sharing of data on social media like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram most people would need dedicated experts to make sure that they don’t over share or share content which will get them in trouble.
- Urban Agriculturalists – Today our food travels a long distance to reach us. As a result, it increases the carbon footprint of our food while also leading to waste in the process. But if food could be grown on our balconies and rooftops, it will save energy and reduce waste. Urban Agriculturalists will help make our city’s self sustained by growing food in them.
- Waste managers – Currently the waste management is taken care of by government agencies in developed nations by using them in landfills. But the reusable options for waste will be a major development in futures due to shortage of materials.
- Augmented Reality experts – the Google glass project was just a taste of things to come. Wearable tech which augments your surroundings with additional data will become a huge industry in the future.
- Space Explorers – While this may sound like science fiction fantasy but it could become a reality soon. With more and more private player in space travel there will be a space mining company soon. The asteroids and moons of some planets are rich in minerals, which are rare on Earth.
- 3D printing experts – Today 3D printing is in its infancy stage, but its possibilities are endless. Once the technology matures the demand for experts who can program 3D printers and create designs for them will be high.
Some of the inclusions in this list may seem a little out of place at the first glance. But our prediction is that some of these jobs may actually come to pass sooner than most of us expect.