Behavioral indicators are an important measure for the well-being of a society. And leaders around the globe are beginning to incorporate behavioral indicators in their metrics used in evaluating their countries.
This is because many nations realize that different economic indicators, like workweeks of 40 hours and GDP alone are not sufficient to quantify human condition.
Even though higher incomes may improve the emotional well-being of any person, it can only achieve a certain level. So, how do you stay being the most positive in a country with some of the highest GDPs in the world together with the least positive emotions of people?
Singapore has recently been listed as the fastest growing nation on the globe, but it is quite sad that the majority of people here aren’t happy with their daily lives. If you fall into this category, you can either continue swaying in your current status while doing nothing or you can make changes to it and enjoy a much more exciting lifestyle!
Let’s be honest, financial independence is a contributing factor to emotions or feelings. So here are 4 essential tips on how you can stay positive and lead a life you truly desire.
- The key to more opportunities is lifelong learning
- No one can give you a guaranteed job, hence, it’s important to upgrade yourself constantly to prepare more income earning opportunities for yourself.
- Learn new skills to widen your scope of earnings and remain relevant in the market.
- Nurture your skill set to enhance your overall performance.
- Accept changes to adapt faster
- Always embrace changes encountered with a positive attitude and the right mindset to grow.
- Having a positive attitude on different changes has always resulted in a difference during making decisions.
- Be prepared for unexpected scenarios
- Be ready for transition at all times, including during the times of growth.
- Make early preparations for any changes.
- No one is indebted to you
- All efforts are going to come from within yourself.
- Make investments in yourself and embrace ownership in your personal development.
- Build and maintain helpful networks so it’s not too late when you need them.
- Try to achieve financial independence to be sustainable during a crisis.
Many people often tried to resist the changes in their lives. What needs to be done is learn to accept that change must occur in order to find a solution to the problem. For instance, if you find yourself in a bad job scenario, what do you do? Accept the situation and work hard to make it better? Or simply embrace the opportunity to find a job that best fits you.
Even though financial independence accounts for a certain percentage of our positivity, our mindsets are still the major contributor. So, if you have attained financial independence, but still less positive, perhaps it’s time for you to shift your focus to your personal mindset.