There are a lot of tips and tricks on the Internet that shows you how to make money online, however, chances are most of these do not work.
Making money online is as important as selling your products on a brick-and-mortar setting, it is even rewarding and also presents a lot of advantages.
Surely, there are a lot of ways on how to make money online; however you should pick something that fits your budget, business type, and resources.
You should first establish the reason you are venturing into online selling. To help you, here are the advantages of making money online:
- Save time, money and resources – since you don’t need a physical store, you can save time in construction, storage cost and even hiring people to man the store. No more costly electrical expense or building permits to take care of. The amount of savings compared to putting up an establishment is very big.
- Work from the comfort of your home – no need to commute and go to the office, simply, open your computer and you can start working and selling online.
- Manage your own time – you can do the things you want to do at the same time sell products online. In that way, you will have a balanced work life.
Now, you have established why you want to opt to make a profit online, below, are the 20 ways to make money online especially if you are just a newbie entrepreneur.
- Sell on E-commerce sites – there are a lot of e-commerce sites that would let you market your products or services online. It could be eBay, amazon, or even international websites. Compared to selling in a physical store, your market is very big, since you can sell this to anyone around the world, thus, huge profits and fast ROI.
- Use forums, blog post to sell – advertise your service or products through posting comments on blogs, community posts or even advertising posts. Just remember, to post within relevant topics in your niche, so that you won’t be banned from these forum sites.
- Create your own website – create your own website and sell your products online. You will have total control over what is the look and feel of your website. There are many free e-commerce site builders that you can use, one of them is Shopify.
- Use social media – this is a powerful medium to make money online. You have to utilize Facebook, Instagram, twitter, Pinterest and other social media sites to advertise your product or service. Post engaging topics regarding the use of your product, and surely you won’t go wrong with this approach to making money online.
- Create email campaigns – this is a way to push emails to your prospective clients. Use MailChimp, Aweber, and other email marketing software that would make it easier. As much as possible, don’t send emails to clients that have not opt-in to your newsletter, else your email will go to spam.
- Advertise on the Internet – there are a lot of ways to advertise on the Internet, however, this tip pertains to paid advertisement using Google Adwords, facebook pages, etc. Research keywords for your product and put a budget into every campaign. Do split testing to know if those campaigns are successful.
- Create blogs – create blogs with product reviews, product / service info, tips on how to do things on the Internet, just make sure to insert your link into the blog. Write information-rich content that would help your readers and make sure you have a call to action button.
- Make landing pages – landing pages are those mini- websites that direct your prospective clients from social media or other sites to your opt-in page. Make your landing pages as informational as possible. Make the content engaging and persuasive, so that you could acquire clients by using this method.
- Paid reviews – you can either do this by putting a blog or searching online for sites with paid reviews. State what you think of the product and make a profit from it.
- Paid online surveys – this is similar to paid reviews, the only difference is online surveys are a quick set of questions for you to answer about a certain product or service. The tricky part about online surveys is that you have to answer a lot before you can really make good money. It’s slow, but still effective in making money online.
- Affiliate marketing – in the business world, this is sometimes called as an X-deal. You promote another company’s product/service into your website, and they will pay you a commission.
- Buy and sell domain names – buy domains to make a profit from it, but before selling those domain names again, you have to make sure you get to optimize those domains and increase their ranking to get more profit from it. Apply SEO and other tools to increase the ranking of the domain. Higher the page rank, the better the domain.
- Publish an ebook – create informative e-books that would sell on the internet. You could publish it in amazon or publish it to your website. The client just needs to pay to download it.
- Sell photos online – if you are a good photographer, then, your picture is worth something on the Internet. You can sell it through Photobucket, stock photos and other sites that buy raw photos.
- Online auction / dropshipping – usually this method doesn’t require you to purchase the product and store it in your warehouse. All you have to do is advertise a product online, then when someone orders a product, that’s the time that you will supply that order coming from another website.
- Consultation services – if you are a consultant, then this method is for you. Advertise your services on either your website or social media.
- Write paid tutorials – this is similar to publishing an ebook, the difference is that it’s shorter and either contains more pictures or simply videos. These are “how-to” articles mostly.
- Post gigs in sites – like Fiverr or other sites that let you post your services online. You just have to list out what services you can offer and put a price on it.
- Freelance / Online Job – there are a lot of job vacancies on the Internet. You have to pick what suits best to your skills and make sure that your online profile advertises your skills.
- Create viral videos – who says making videos on youtube isn’t profitable? The young millionaires nowadays are YouTubers like Ryan Higa. They all don’t need a contract from other big companies, they simply make interesting and viral videos on youtube.
These are ways to effectively make money online. It’s now up to you to choose, which of these are best fit to your need. As long as you plan ahead and create goals for you to achieve, then, making money online is easy as a cake!